- Grant was born in Canada, to South African parents.
- Attended Bryandale Primary School.
- Matriculated from St David's Marist College, Inanda, Sandton.
- Grant obtained a BA Social Science Degree from Rand Afrikaans University in 1993.
- In 1995 he graduated with an Honours Degree in Psychology.
- In 1996 Grant completed an Honours Degree in Philosophy (Cum Laude).
- Psychometric Internship in 1998 at RAU's Department of Vocational Guidance.
- Obtained a Masters Degree in Business Ethics from the University of Johannesburg in 2004.
- Grant is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Psychometrist in Independent Practice (private practice) (PMT0056189).
- Registered with the South African Board of Personnel Practice (SABPP) as a Chartered Human Resources Practitioner.
- Registered with the Education, Training and Development SETA as an Assessor of NQF unit standards.
- Founding Individual Member of the Ethics Institute of South Africa,
Member of the South African Association of Learning and Educational Difficulties.